At Algenius Foods we develop innovative seaweed-based food products and ingredients to replace traditional animal-based options. Currently, we are looking for a co-founder with a background in business development.
Equity: To be negotiated
Salary: Please see the description below
- Collaborating closely with a founding team to develop the vision and strategy of Algenius Foods
- Development and validation of the business model
- Branding and positioning
- Growth opportunities and emerging trends: Identifying and capitalizing on growth opportunities, such as generating social proof
- Leading, building, and implementing go-to-market strategies
- Identifying funding opportunities and actively pursuing funding opportunities
- End-customer acquisition, and retention/engagement
- Interpreting data and turning insights into action
- Engagement and retention of stakeholders
- Occasional assistance in laboratory experiments
About your background:
- 3+ years of experience in business development, business strategy, branding, and sales - preferably from a start-up environment
- It’s an advantage, but not a requirement to hold a degree in Entrepreneurship, Business, or Management. Likewise, it’s an advantage, if you have a degree in Life Sciences or related areas and/or have experience working in microbiological/chemical/food laboratories
- Graduates and young professionals with passion for business development and startup ecosystem are encouraged to apply
About your personality:
- You have a strong strategic mindset with the ability to think creatively and drive innovation
- You thrive in agile, fast environments
- You are a team player rather than an individualist
- Independent thinkers who are not simply 'yes-men/women' but instead can provide insightful and thoughtful input to help steer the company toward success
It’s an advantage if you are a foodie, have a background in working in the laboratory, or are well-connected in the food industry scene in Denmark
What we offer:
We offer closely collaborative work in a small, fun, and ambitious founding team, where we see every day an opportunity to grow and make a positive impact. We’re situated in the innovatory facility of Symbion, which offers a thriving startup ecosystem environment with opportunities for networking and social events. We’re also backed by an experienced team of investors, who advise us weekly on business strategy and support our growth throughout.
About the salary:
At the moment, Algenius Foods is seeking funding to support this hiring position. It’s important for us to be transparent: should the funding round be successful, we're committed to offering a competitive salary. Otherwise, the role will remain unpaid until our next funding opportunity arises.
How to apply:
Please attach your motivated CV, highlighting why you are interested in working with us. Please make sure to underline the most relevant experience and motivation.