Do you believe biology is key to solving the climate problems we’re facing?
Do you want to use your research capabilities to build something with impact?
This is the opportunity for you.
--> Apply for Nordic BioVentures’ Venture Creation Studio this fall 2023.
✅ What we offer
We offer an 8 month program with coaching and 100.000 EUR in funding - with focus on bioindustrials. From day one, we provide access to an unrivaled set of co-founders, strong ecosystem, network and expertise to support exceptional founders building what will define tomorrow.
What you can expect from Nordic BioVentures:
- Be matched with the right co-founders – We connect you to great co-founders and form an amazing team to embark on this journey together with you.
- Get funded from day one - If your team’s idea is selected, we provide funding from day one via a pre-seed investment and a clear pathway to additional capital via connections to leading investors and VCs.
- Validate your idea(s) – Founders go through a thorough problem and idea validation process.
- Built with biology - We work on life science/biotech ideas that positively impact the world.
- Coaching - We provide hands-on support in all different stages of the journey: from ideation to pre-seed investment
- Network - Gain access to an exceptional network of experienced founders and investors.
🔍 Your role
As co-founder, you will play a pivotal role in shaping both the scientific foundation and business dimension of your biotech startup, while focusing on biomanufacturing and its potential impact on planetary health.
- Leading Research & Development: Take charge of research activities, from experimental design to data analysis and result interpretation.
- Fostering Innovation & Collaboration: Create a culture of scientific excellence, innovation, and collaboration within your team, as well as inspire and motivate others to join your mission.
- Developing the Business Strategy: Develop a comprehensive business strategy that aligns with the startup's focus on industrial biotechnology and planetary health, identifying key market opportunities and competitive advantages.
- Securing Funding & Refine the Business Plan: Work closely with the venture creation studio to secure funding, refine the business plan, and pitch your startup to potential investors.
If the following statements resonate with you, then you're well on your way to becoming a co-founder in your own biotech startup:
- You possess a strong bio-business or biotech background (M.Sc., Ph.D., or PostDoc level in biology, chemical engineering, biotechnology, business administration, entrepreneurship or a related field).
- You're a driven individual, capable of inspiring and motivating not only yourself but also others to join your mission.
- Setting high goals comes naturally to you, and you have a track record of consistently achieving and surpassing them.
- You are legally allowed to work in Denmark (Danish, EU citizen or work permit).
- You have a burning desire to bring your innovative ideas to life and use your research and/or business capabilities to solve real life problems.
- Kick-off weekend (30/09 - 1/10, 2023): Successful applicants will be invited to the Kick-off weekend in Copenhagen (exact location will be disclosed later), where they will find their cofounders, refine their idea and pitch!
- October (1/10 - 30/10, 2023): Startups work on their business plan and strategy, to strengthen their pitch.
- November - … : Pitch selected by our investor committee receives EUR 100.000 and receives support from us for at least 8 months!
Don't miss this extraordinary opportunity! The application deadline is August 25th, 2023. Visit our website at https://www.nordicbioventures.com/vcs-fall-2023 to learn more about the program and apply!